Sun Damage.

In our lifetime we spend a lot of time outdoors, this can cause our skin some problems if we do not care for it properly. Too much exposure to ultraviolet rays from the sun can significantly damage skin.

What is sun damage?

The ultraviolet rays produced from the sun can dry out areas of unprotected skin and can reduce the skin’s supply of natural lubricating oils. The sun can also cause burning to the skin and long-term changes in the skin structures.

There are different types of sun damage, the most common are;

  • Dry Skin: Sun-exposed skin can lose moisture and essential oils, which can make it dry, flaky and prematurely wrinkled.
  • Sunburn: Sunburn is the most common form of sun damage, the effects of sunburn come a few hours after exposure to UV rays, and mild sunburn causes painful reddening of the skin. In severe cases it can produce small fluid-filled bumps or even large blisters.
  • Actinic keratosis: This is a tiny bump that feels like sand paper, it can also come in a small, scaly patch of skin that has either a pink, red, yellow or brownish tint. This does not usually go away without professional help.
  • Long term changes in the skin’s collagen: The skin is made up of a protein called collagen; sun damage can damage the production of collagen causing photo ageing. This is when the skin prematurely ages due to sun exposure, the skin develops fine lines and wrinkles because of the change in collagen.

You may be able to avoid sun damage; however prolonged sun exposure can cause your skin problems later on in life. Ultraviolet rays stimulate pigment cells which then produce more melanin. The production of melanin gives our skin, hair and eyes colour and can also cause unwanted dark patches of skin called age spots.

UV rays can also dramatically add to the appearance of ageing by giving premature wrinkles, slacker skin and an uneven skin tone. It’s important to try and prevent sun damage by protecting the skin in the sun by wearing SPF daily.

Treatment for sun damage.

At ProSkin Clinics we offer a range of treatments that can help improve the appearance of sun damage, such as pigmentation and fine lines and wrinkles.

Book a free, no obligation Skin Analysis and Consultation appointment to find out what treatment will work the best for your skin.

Basic RGB

PicoSure™ Pigmentation Reduction

At ProSkin Clinics we chose to use the CynoSure™ award winning PicoSure™ laser technology to help reduce the appearance of sun damage. The breakthrough technology delivers energy in short bursts to the skin.

This breaks down and eventually eliminates pigmentation such as sun spots, and does not cause any harm to the surrounding skin. The PicoSure™ laser offers fast and effect treatment with minimal downtime.

Read more about our PicoSure™ Skin Revitalisation & Wrinkle Reduction treatment.

Skin Revitalisation using PicoSure™

At ProSkin Clinics we offer a Skin Revitalisation treatment with the use of the award winning PicoSure™ lasers. The treatment dramatically reduces sun damage such as wrinkles and lines.

The treatment is fast and gentle. The Picosure lens reaches a precise depth of the skin, so that only 10% of the skin is being treated at the high energy picosecond level. The lower level energy is used on the remaining 90% of the skin.

Read more about our PicoSure™ Skin Revitalisation treatment.

Facials, Peels and Resurfacers

At ProSkin Clinics we offer a large range of facials that we tailor to each client. Everybody has different skin, and every condition varies. With this in mind our facials are arranged under three categories; anti-ageing, acne and sensitive skin.

By tailoring a treatment to your specific needs we can assure that you will be getting the best treatment for your skin condition.

At ProSkin Clinics we also offer a range of skin peels which can help reduce the appearance of sun damage after a tailored course of treatment. With the use of a specialist chemical solution that removes the top layer of dead skin, revealing healthier skin cells underneath. This gives the skin a fresh and rejuvenated look.

Read more about our Facials and Peels.

Microneedling (Dermaroller)

At ProSkin Clinics we offer Microneedling treatment, often called Dermaroller. With the use of a medical roller that has tiny needles around it, these needles leave minuscule pinpricks in the skin. This effectively tricks the skin into repairing itself with its natural process.

Whilst the skin repairs itself collagen is produced, which gives skin a firmer and more youthful appearance. This minimises the appearance of lines and wrinkles that are caused by sun damage.

Learn more about our Dermaroller treatment.

Call us on: 0845 528 0288

Or

Book a consultation today