Two of the most popular methods of hair removal are intense pulsed light removal and laser hair removal. The two hair removal methods work in a similar way which can cause some confusion. So, we’ve got you covered. You can find out all you need to know about the two different methods below:
What is IPL removal?
Intense pulsed light is the use of intense pulses of non-coherent light at a range of wavelengths from 500nm to 1200 nm. IPL can permanently reduce hair growth and this is effective in darker, coarser hair.
What is laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal uses a single wavelength of pure light consisting of one single colour and form. This has a very concentrated beam and a specific target. Laser hair removal can permanently reduce the growth of hair.
What is the difference between IPL and Laser Hair Removal?
There are many differences between the two processes including;
- Laser technology is more effective, and can achieve better results than IPL
- IPL may be cheaper, however it is typically less effective
- Lasers are more precise, meaning they can target dark and coarse hair and leave the surrounding skin untouched
- Laser hair removal can be used on larger body areas
- Laser settings can be adjusted to suit your skin tone and hair colour
What treatment will work the best?
Laser hair removal can give better results, as the lasers used at ProSkin can concentrate on specific areas. This also means that with laser hair removal you will be able to have fewer sessions – and therefore you will achieve a faster result.
Intense pulsed light removal will give you a similar result at a cheaper cost; however it will take a lot longer than laser hair removal.
So, deciding what one to go for is a personal choice which will depend on both your budget and how quickly you want to see results.